Recover Files from Quick Formatted HDD on Windows 7 Operating System
Formatted Hard Drive Recovery on Windows 7
Have you accidentally formatted hard drive partition on your computer? Looking to find a solution to recover files from quick formatted HDD on Windows 7…do not worry! Just go ahead and download Unformat Data software to retrieve lost files from formatted Toshiba USB2.0 portable external hard drive or from any other brand of hard disk drive.
Most of the Windows user over the globe may suffer from the problem of data loss, due to accidental quick formatting of SSD or HDD. They might accidentally format hard drive partition or any other removable storage media on their Windows 7 computer using the "Quick Format" option. However, you should understand that formatting only deletes file entries from the partition table thus marking space on hard drive partition as free to store new data. Your files and folders are still present on the hard drive and can be recovered easily using Unformat Data tool.
Important – Lost files and folders from hard disk drive or from any other data storage drive can be recovered until they are not overwritten by fresh data. Therefore, it is recommended to start data recovery process as soon as possible for better results. Moreover, do not try to copy new files on the drive from which you are looking to recover data as it can lead to permanent data loss.
Probable data loss scenarios on Windows PC
- Human errors such as accidental file deletion or quick formatting of hard drive partitions
- System crash due to conflicting hardware’s or because of bad RAM
- Trying to reformat hard drive partition without taking appropriate data backup
- Repartitioning hard disk or reinstalling Windows on your computer
- Shrinking or extending space of a particular hard drive partition using Disk Management tool
- Bad sectors on hard disk caused due to sudden power surge
- Any sought of virus, spyware or malware attack on your computer
What so ever be the reason for data loss, losing important files and folders could be very agonizing. However, with the advancement in IT industry, there are software’s that can recover lost data from data storage drives. One of the best tools for recovering data on laptop or desktop computer having Windows 7, XP, or Vista is Unformat Data. Unformat data tool will also let you to recover files after full format during re-installation of the operation system on the hard drive. This software helps you to recover data from corrupt Kingston DataTraveler USB flash drive with utmost ease.
This software is specially designed by keeping in mind all possible data loss scenarios on Windows computer. Its advanced scanning algorithms scan entire hard drive and recover lost files based on their unique signatures. You can simply use this software to restore files from corrupt microSDHC Transcend flash memory card. That means single software can be used to recover data from both HDD and flash memory drives. It is possible to unformat formatted NTFS partition on Windows hard drive using this software.
Few easy steps to recover data from formatted hard drive on Windows 7:
- Download and install Unformat Data on your computer
- Launch software by double clicking on the desktop shortcut
- On home page, select "Recover Partitions / Drives" as shown in figure 1
- Now select "Formatted / Reformatted Recovery" and choose the drive from which you need to recover data as shown in figure 2
- Finally, check the recovered files and folders in "Data View" as shown in figure 3
Figure 1: Select Partition / Drives
Figure 2: Select Formatted Hard Drive
Figure 3: Check Recovered Data